Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Dreams, Hopes & Fears regarding treatment and getting well....

Hello Jeanette!
I can understand why you are feeling fearful and anxious about seeking treatment again...but, I am so excited for you. I have heard you talk about your educational goals, your desire for a family, health, etc. and you are taking an important step toward realizing these goals....Babycakes -- if I can get over this blasted eating disorder, I know you can.........life is still not a bowl of cherries all the time, but at least I now have a loving family of my own, am completing my educational & career goals, am healthy, and probably most importantly, am able to use my God given gifts to serve others who are hurting and want to get better.......You too, can be a "wounded healer", even if you specialize in something unrelated to eating disorder recovery, your insight, sensitivity and spirit will be a blessing to many who cross your path....you have endured so much already, it is time for you to have some of the sweeter side of life.......maybe this time treatment will be the launching pad of a much richer, fuller and peaceful life!
You can do this...
Jacquelyn
Founder of Eating Disorder Hope

p.s. anyone else have thoughts on this topic? Or encouraging words for Jeanette?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeanette! I am so proud of you for all that your doing. Treatment is hard, and even harder if you've done it before. It's hard to admit defeat, and ask for help again. We are all rooting for you. I'm holding you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us all posted. Much love always!

-Megan*

Anonymous said...

Jeanette! I only just met you but you seem like such a wonderful, strong person. Good for you for continuing to strive to make yourself healthy. Keep your head up and I'll see you when you get back.

Meaghan MacKenzie-Rolfe

Eating Disorder Hope said...

Hi Ladies.
You are all doing such a great job supporting each other. It is exciting to see so much encouragement and hope for Jeanette!
I am glad to see you posted to the blog, Meaghan. It was great having you at group last week - you are a wonderful addtion! :)
Hope everyone is having a relaxing and enjoyable weekend.
Jacquelyn

Eating Disorder Hope said...

Hi Amanda!
Congratulations again on getting the great job! I am so glad you will be able to continue to attend group! Good job on asking for what you need with your employer. She sounds like a caring lady and I hope this is a great opportunity for you. We missed you at group and will look forward to seeing you next monday!

Jacquelyn

Eating Disorder Hope said...

whoops! I meant Wednesday night, so sorry for the confusion. Group will remain on Wednesday nights, as always! :)