Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Help for Obesity/Diabetes Sufferers in New York and more...

B.I.T.E.® The Body Image Transformation Experience®

Fran Weiss,LCSW-R,BCD,DCSW,CGP: Associate Clinical Professor, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, NYC. Sr. Psychotherapist, New York Obesity Research Center, St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center, NYC. Specializing in the emotional components of disordered eating, weight regulation, obesity, bulimia and body image. Individual and Group Psychotherapy.

New York, New York: Three Unique Group Offerings for 2010. Feb – April, 2010 (12 week short term group,Co-led @ diabetes educator). A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU AND YOUR DIABETES More Information

II. The Body Image Transformation Experience B.I.T.E.®

NEW 2010 WINTER SPRING WORKSHOP SERIES ~ Two interconnected Workshops More Information

Workshop I: February 9 - April 20, 2010. Owning My Body My Self "Why Can't I Just Do It?" TUESDAYS: 7:30pm-9:00pm. Explores participants' eating experiences, self-perception, and resistance to change.

Workshop II: April 27 – June 29, 2010. Transforming My Body My Self. TUESDAYS: 7:30-9:30pm. Special Guest Collaborator TBA. Combines innovative group therapy techniques with body-oriented therapy.

III. B.I.T.E.® Mentoring Group July - December, 2010 (Tuesdays or Thursday evenings, TBA, 1 ½ hr weekly sessions) More Information
Available to those who have completed the full program of B.I.T.E.® and others who are still struggling with eating and weight regulation problems, and who want an ongoing group experience.

NEWS: Fran’s Presentation at the American Group Psychotherapy Association, Feb. 2010, San Diego Neuroscience and Attachment Theory Meets Weight Regulation Groups.

No comments: