Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Are you a parent of a child with an eating disorder?

Take an online parent opinion survey (15-20 minutes) to help fellow parents of children with eating disorders!

Parent volunteers needed for a research study.

If you are a parent of a child (of any age) who is currently being treated for an eating disorder, you may be eligible to be in a study about your experiences. Researchers at Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill are interested in the experiences of caregivers to learn what families who have been affected by a child’s eating disorder need most.


You can participate in the first survey anytime before April 15th. A second survey will then be emailed to you in 8-12 weeks. Both surveys are completed online. Email or call the study coordinators: Autumn Shafer at or Sheetal Patel at 512-626-3616. In your email, mention the Parent Experiences Survey and where (city and state) your child is currently receiving treatment. The study coordinators will send you the online link and any other information you request. The surveys do not ask for medical information and responses are kept confidential.

Who can participate?

Mothers and/or fathers of a child (of any age) who has an eating disorder. Your child must be receiving treatment at a clinic, therapist, hospital, or residential facility. If you have previously completed a similar survey from UNC or Duke, we thank you for participation but ask that you do not repeat the questionaire.

Learn about additional important research regarding eating disorders

No comments: