Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mans best Friend

Eating Disorder Hope
Studies have shown that owning a pet can help a person attain a better level of physical and mental health. An animal can actually reduce stress in your life. Studies have also shown that in women the presence of a dog can actually lower blood pressure better than the presence of friends. So if you dont own a pet then take a friends dog for a walk or pet sit. Do you have any animals in your life? How do they help you? Do you think having a pet in your life could or does minimize the stresses of life or your eating disorder? I have a dog and when I am down my dog senses it and gives me extra attention. I love that she does that, it really helps me to feel better. If you dont have anyone to talk to you animals cant talk back, but they will listen. Hey who does not talk to animals? :)
-Ashley

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My beloved golden retriever, who recently died at 12 years old, was my dear friend. I had him since he was a puppy and loved him with all of my heart. I say "all of my heart" because I did not do that very often with people, due to past disappointments. But, this beautiful, sweet dog was so unconditionally loving....so sensitive to my feelings......so much fun.......I chose to go ahead and love him with all of my heart.
It was one of the most profoundly healing relationships of my life. Taking care of him and his needs gave me a chance to get out of myself. He gave the best bear hugs you can imagine.....I miss him terribly, but I would not give up that time together for anything.
By the way, I believe dogs go to heaven....they are certainly some of the most deserving of heaven!
:)

Eating Disorder Hope said...

anonymous,
That is awesome that you had such a great relationship with your dog. I have a golden retriever right now, they are great loving dogs.I am sorry to hear about the death of your dog. I believe that everyperson you love including your animals will be in heaven waiting for you.
-Ashley

Eating Disorder Hope said...

melbray04,
I also sleep with my dog she makes me feel safe too.Even though she snores, I seem to sleep better when she is with me. I am glad you also have a love for animals!
-Ashley